SALINITY PROBE CALIBRATION (MPC Systems)
- Take reading of salinity in PPM using a calibrated handheld TDS meter (perhaps borrow from a neighboring cruiser if you do not have one)
- Next, note the salinity reading on your MPC screen. If these match, probe is already properly calibrated.
- If these are off, we need to adjust the calibration to make them close to the same. You will do this by accessing the programming menu.
- Enter the programming mode (https://katadyngroup.ladesk.com/961525-Programming-From-the-Display-Definitions--How-to-Access)
- Navigate to SALINITY CAL.
- Adjust value of calibration constant (right side) until the real-time value (left side) matches that captured by handheld TDS meter. Auto Run decreases the calibration constant, Auto store increases it.
Your salinity probe is now calibrated!